My office is closed for the next two weeks, and I am jumping head first into vacation mode. We're spending our time here in San Francisco and visiting my parents and brother in Sacramento. I'm so excited to spend time in the city during the day, a pastime usually reserved for weekends. The only problem is that it's been raining almost nonstop! That's not stopping us, though. We've ventured out for chai at David Rio, woke up early to get pastries from Mr. Holmes Bakeshop, and seen Star Wars. As long as the weather clears up like it's supposed to, I have big plans for today: pastries (again) from Tartine Bakery, ice skating in Union Square, and riding the cable car to Buena Vista for Irish coffees. Fingers crossed the rain cooperates.
Below are some of my favorite recipes to cook around the holidays. Whether it's a non-party day at home or something to bring to the office/in-laws/parents/friends, these wintry and holiday dishes are sure to get you through the next couple weeks.
- Winter Squash Carbonara with Pancetta and Sage from Bon Appetit
- How to Make Any Fruit Crisp from Food52
- Tomato Chickpea & Coconut Soup from Love and Lemons
- Bean Bowls with Poached Eggs from Sprouted Kitchen
- Cranberry Bliss Bars from Recipe Girl
- Bourbon Bacon Sweet Potato Casserole from How Sweet It Is
- Chocolate Caramel Crack(ers) from Smitten Kitchen
- Green Beans and Grapes with Persillade from Cook & Be Merry
note: font "Laser Metal" by Denise Bentulan